Yesterday I woke up with every intention of making treats for my dogs (yes, I know they’re spoiled), only to find that I didn’t have the ingredients to make any of the flavors I usually make. Not wanting to make a trip to the grocery store, I decided to come up with my own recipe. If the way the dogs gobbles them up is any indication, I think the choice of apple peanut butter dog biscuits was a good one!
Mix together the egg, applesauce, and peanut butter until well incorporated. (About 2 minutes)
Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut your biscuits out. I used this really cute Dog Bone Cookie Cutter, but if you don’t have one you can also use a pizza cutter and just make squares.
Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes depending on the size you’ve cut. I like to let my cookies cool on wax paper when they’re done.
Make sure you store your apple peanut butter dog biscuits in a dry, airtight container. Since these don’t have any preservatives they’ll only last about 2 weeks. But don’t worry, they freeze very well! I usually keep half the batch out to use and freeze the other half.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- Mix together the egg, applesauce, and peanut butter until well incorporated. (About 2 minutes)
- Slowly add in the flour a little at a time.
- Roll the dough out to about ¼ inch thick and cut your biscuits out. (You can also use a pizza cutter and just make squares.)
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes depending on the size you've cut.